Finding things when I need them

General Discussion Finding things when I need them

• This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 days ago by BetterWithLess.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Nana
    Participant

Today I needed the box of Christmas cards, and it took only a few minutes to find it.
    There is a box with Christmas lights as well. It is such a relief to be able to find what is needed so things can be done without either hours of searching or buying things simply because the ones already in the house can’t be located.

I have not got here by making huge efforts, just by making a little progress every day and gradually space has opened up and allowed me to achieve a little more order.

I am just getting close to finishing two pairs of woolly socks for myself, knee high, on size 13 (old UK size) needles. With the cost of energy going up so much recently I suspect I’ll be needing them in the winter months from now on.

chaosqueen
    Participant

I agree! Such a relief to find things! And such a bummer when I still don’t! :wacko: I found 95% of my Christmas decorations without even looking for them, because it was all in boxes, the boxes labled and they were accessable! The 2 things I didn’t find are 2 big for the boxes, but I found a place to store them (and find them again) If I ever do find them!  :yahoo:

BetterWithLess
    Participant

Dear Nana,

We have just moved house and it feels like all my stuff has been thrown up in the air and has come down in a random muddle.  It has been most disheartening.

I do, however, know where the Christmas decorations are!

I have put out our little Nativity figures and the 🎅Santa that says “Ho, Ho, Ho,  the magic of Christmas is in your heart” .

I will not do anymore as we will have to take the soiled carpets up this week.

Knitting :heart:

Socks!!!!!

How amazing! I have some patterns for socks, but my skill level is not up to that just now.  I have made a few hats that I wear indoors, and fingerless mittens…also for indoors.

All good wishes,

B

BetterWithLess
    Participant

P.s. I do believe I have a sock loom, have you ever used one of those?

B

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by BetterWithLess.
    Nana
    Participant

Not a sock loom, but I have knitting machines of all kinds so could use them – but I much prefer to do them by hand when watching TV or listening to music.
    I make them toe up, so I can try them on as I go.

BetterWithLess
    Participant

Nana, this is a novel idea, I think.

I see that you can work out a comfortable place to start the heel.

Perhaps I might have a go at just one sock….and it could be a Christmas stocking, though not really a fan of Christmas.

All good wishes,

B

chaosqueen
    Participant

You could always gift it to someone!

BetterWithLess
    Participant

Yes Queenie, I could!

It would be an excellent thing to do. I have the yarn, I just need to be brave and have a go!

B

BetterWithLess
    Participant

So now I need to find the book of socks and slippers, pattern book.

Let’s see if I can 🤔

To Nana:

How are your socks coming along?😃

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by BetterWithLess.
    chaosqueen
    Participant

A total win win win. You would do something creative, you would use some of your yarn and on top of it all, you have a gift for someone!

Nana
    Participant

I suspect that I have had Covid again, but have found a new symptom – going wrong on the second sock after miscounting the stitches. I had to pull out the whole length of the leg, but there is good progress in the reknitting as I am not going out. The stitch count was exactly wrong enough to mean that it was only when I counted the vertical columns that it was revealed – I must be feeling better to have counted them rather than gone on knitting right to the end – they are knee high with a turn over, so it is a long length of knitting above the last of the shaping.
    These are a second pair done in a natural white wool colour yarn as it is so soft and warm. The yarn is very fine – to make a normal thickness sock yarn requires nine ends of it – thankfully I have three cones of it so don’t have to try too hard to get nine together.

chaosqueen
    Participant

Sorry to hear about Covid. Lack of abitilty toconcentrae is a very typical sign of Covid. I’ve had patients struggling with simply questions like:”Do you have high blood pressure?” They really had to think about it. Glad you are feeling better!

Nana
    Participant

I can manage two suit patience again, definitely on the mend.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

BetterWithLess
    Participant

Merry Christmas to All.

🕊

Well done with unravelling the mistake and all, Nana.

I’m making wrist warmers and a cowl just now….I like chunky knits.  Well done with the fine yarn.

B

BetterWithLess
    Participant

Dear Nana,

Just to let you know that I have finished the wrist warmers ( long and thick) and posted them off to my friend.  She may find them handy….pardon the pun.

I am starting second pair and they to will go to a friend.

And oh joy! I found the ‘Big and Little Knitting Project book’s with the socks and slippers patterns.

There are some slipper patterns and I am thinking, maybe make slippers for people in hospital.

I have to copy the pattern out and then see if I have the skill (and patience) to make them.

B

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Discussion Finding things when I need them